Monday, 24 July 2006

My Mac

An interesting thing has happened to my 12inch 1.5Ghz G4 PowerBook. Since coming back from Russia the battery life has collapsed to 1 hours (well 1.02 it says). It use to get close on 3.5 hours. This is an 18month old laptop.

I have had a disappointing run hardware wise on this Mac. I am onto my second hard-drive (the first dying at 13 months - just outside the 1 year warranty) and now the battery. If I had bought it in NZ I would probably claim it was not merchantable quality. However I saved myself $1k buying it in the US directly from Apple (NZ Mac prices are just ridiculous).

My recommendation is that when buying an Apple computer, you should buy the 3 year warranty upgrade. My next Mac will definitely have this option.

All this said, having no viruses and everything just working and the amazing useable speed of the machine makes it still a better proposition than a Windows machine.

No comments: