Tuesday, 7 September 2010

More 2degrees progress

I think I have finally had success with getting 2degrees working on my iPad. I had to put the micro-SIM in my iPhone and add some credit and purchase the data pack. I got a confirmation txt.

I also rang up and got a web password txt to my iPhone.

I then returned the SIM to my iPad.

In short you absolutely NEED an iPhone to set up an iPad with 2degrees systems. This is pretty poor and they need to sort this out.

My experience with 2degrees continues to be poor. The promised $10 credit hasn't been applied. When I got the web password I asked to talk to a supervisor. But they could not speak to me then and were to ring back later. Someone rang back later. Unfortunately I can not understand their ascent so i don't know their name and they didn't leave a phone number.

The 2degrees web site is not very good. It does not show transactions immediately. I still need to confirm that I have bought a data pack.

So.... I continue to recommend avoiding 2degrees until they mature their systems. I've also had recent problems with XT as well. While technically both 2degrees and XT are more suited to Apple products, Vodafone seems to provide a better implementation.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sym
This is Paul from 2degrees Care. Sorry to hear about he issues you're having with 2degrees at the moment. Can you drop me an email at info@2degreesmobile.co.nz and mark it FAO Paul and I'll look into it. Please include your 2degrees number that the query was logged under and a contact number that I can call you on.
Kind Regards
Paul

Gardiner Family said...

Paul... Impressed that you monitor the web for blog entries. I will email you.
Sym