Monday, 4 February 2008

The Puritans by Jack Cavanaugh


During our time in Russia I raided the library at the apartment we stayed in. I came across a book called The Puritans. It looked from the cover like a soppy Mills and Boon novel but it was not.
It is a novel but set within a lot of historically correct events.
It is essentially the story of a young mans life. I am not going to say any more because it will ruin the story.
I will say that it was one of the most riveting reads I have EVER come across. As parents will know there are times you have to stop doing things you want to do to look after your child. When this happened while I was reading this book, it was a real struggle to put it down.
The ending is tragic and beautiful at the same time. What more can someone want in a book.
So five thumbs up from me! Fully recommended. Should be made into a movie!!!

No comments: