Monday, 12 January 2009

More building inspector stuff...

These are two of the things I had to to. I have just got to photographing them.

The first was to put a prop under a roof runner.


This transfers the load directly down onto an existing wall that will be retained. The angled bit of wood running down to the left was the existing prop which ran down onto a wall that I am removing.

The second thing was to take the load of an existing prop that loaded the weight of the roof onto the wall I am removing. The inspector wanted me to put a beam in under it that spanned from the new wall to a new beam I had put in. The architect (Dad) was not happy with this as any deformation would impact the ceiling. Instead we transferred the weight out to the walls by putting a cross brace in and a strut angled down to the new wall.




In the second photo you can see all the ceiling rafters I have moved up into the ceiling. This is my next major project before removing the floor and wall completely.

No comments: