Saturday, 17 January 2009

The rafters are finished

Today I bought a new battery drill. My old ones battery is dying. Bunnings cheapo model (18v) was sufficient. I also got a very cool LED torch set with a head lamp that Katya liked.



All this was to install nine rafters in my ceiling. I had done 2.5 with my old drill over about 5 days. Today I did the remaining 6.5 and completed the work.








The rafters sit above or to the side of old rafters that rest on a wall we are removing. These new rafters span from a new wall to an existing wall that is being retained. Note all the metal straps that hold the old rafters to the new ones.

So... done.

On Tuesday morning the stair builders come to measure up. They say it will take them two weeks to build the stairs. So not long now until we have usable stairs.

No comments: