Monday, 7 September 2009

Two new phrases!

Tonight was awesome!

Katya was playing with her play kitchen and put something in the play microwave. She then pressed the buttons, turned to me and with the "around-around" gesture, said "around-around". YES SHE SAID "AROUND AROUND"!!!

But there is more.

Less than 20 seconds later she raised her finger... which means WAIT... and said "one moment".

Two phrases in 20 seconds!!!

These are phrases I have been using with these gestures for ages. And now she can not only understand them but also tell me them back.

I have to admit, after all the emotion of the last few months, this just made me cry! But this time with happiness.

She has also started to understanding the word "leave". And foot/feet is firmly established as well.

This is pretty exciting stuff.

Tomorrow we are off to the ENT person to see what is causing the bump near her right hand implant site. It doesn't appear to be going down even with anti-biotics.

Oh... and I have cracked how to feed her antibiotics. I feed her it with lumps of canned fruit. She downed a whole can of fruit salad tonight!!!

No comments: