Tuesday, 10 August 2010

First impressions of an iPad

I like my iPad. It is very fast. The screen is lovely. And if you already have a laptop in the family it is perfect.

The bits it don't like are applications that are meant for iPhones that just blow up bigger. They go chunky and in some cases are unreadable.

That aside, you can't fault it. The keyboard is great. The web browser is just ridiculously fast. The video playback is just beautiful. And reading stuff on the screen is just lovely.

There are some really cool apps for it. And lots of the good iPhone apps have been updated to work properly on it. The BIG exceptions are facebook and Skype. These guys need to sort there stuff out.

While I have a 3G iPad I have yet to decide if I will connect it that way. Probably not. But the fact that you can is pretty cool.

So... Give me a few weeks and I'll do a full review. But it is looking good so far.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad