Wednesday, 2 November 2005

More

Over the last few weeks I have been reading a book called MORE: How you can have more of the Spirit when you already have everything in Christ by Simon Ponsonby.

Over the last week I have been really struggling with this book, hence the lack of updates.

This book is hard. It I really really good but very difficult to read.

Firstly it has a lot to say and it doesn't leave anything out. Most times I get to focus on it I only get through a couple of pages before my mind runs out.

Secondly it uses some very big words (ie not in common knowledge and its sentence structure, while correct, is really really difficult. I mean, I have a big vocab but the other night I got through a page and a half and had to use the dictionary two or three times. In fact my little Oxford dictionary didn't have the word so I had to Google it. Even that struggled.

I guess the problem is this book is 1cm thick but is actually worth an inch.

Anyway... once I have finished it I'll do a write up.

For all you who can't wait...

The book suggests that while we, as Christians, all have received the Holy Spirit, there is so much more He offers. We should be hungry for the Spirit in our lives and look for so much more. The work of the Spirit in our lives is limited by how much we seek His manifestation.

Pretty simple but very challenging!

No comments: