Tuesday, 11 August 2009

Autostop Johnsonville Part Three

The saga at Autostop Johnsonville continues.

This morning, as arranged, I took the car into Autostop Johnsonville for it to be taken to an auto-upholsterers for the hack job to be fixed. I had agreed to let them cut out the hacked part of the carpet and insert a new section. The supervisor Dave had said it would be seam sown together. I had asked him to see if it could be valcoed onto the existing carpet. I also decided that the "repair" to the tray in the dash was not good enough and asked that it be replaced.

We tonight I picked it up and I found the following:

1. The centre rear seat belt put back in around the wrong way. It is not unusable. This actually makes the car not warrantable!!! (the seatbelt should run straight down from the top)


2. The carpet now appears to be glued to the body of the car. The hacked bit has not been removed and replaced as agreed. It has simply been glued down. The hack marks are still visible (although not so well in a photo). I doubt very much whether it ever went near an auto-upholsterer.


3. The tray has not been replaced and in fact now appears even more out of place.


It is now just laughable. This is so far beyond unprofessional. In fact it is getting to a point where I am thinking of contacting my insurance company to lodge a claim. The value of damage done is probably in excess of what I did to my previous Corolla when I crashed it!!!

A number of people who I know who are mechanics are just in a state of shock when they see what Autostop Johnsonville has done.

So tomorrow I need to ring Autostop Johnsonville and give them the option to put this right by paying for Rutherford and Bond Toyota to fix it properly. I am not prepared to let Autostop Johnsonville near my car again.

Given the carpet is now glued to the body, this will probably involve removing the entire carpet and replacing it. The seat-belts can be unbolted and positioned correctly. The trays are going to be a bit of an effort to get at and sort. I also need Rutherford and Bond to check the original fix to the wiring loom as I now have no faith that it has been done to a decent reliable standard.

I guess if Autostop Johnsonville are not prepared to put this right then we will have to sort this either through the MTA and failing that the Disputes Tribunal.

No comments: