Saturday, 25 July 2009

An exciting morning

So... Pete has required me to make a post on our exciting morning.

We decided to go to Porirua via the toy library. As we were coming up the Ngaraunga Gorge our ever reliable Toyota completely died. I was in the far right lane so had some quick work to get myself off the left hand side.

All the electrics were working so it was something fuel related.

I got Claire and Katya off the motoway and gave Pete a call to give us a tow. However the place is covered in cameras so the boys in blue (and floro green) turned up. I suppose it is quite exciting to be towed by the cops.

Anyway... looks like a new fuel pump is needed. Not so impressed that a 137km Toyota needs a new fuel pump. Then again it probably reflects the quality of petrol we have in NZ. Interestingly Claire had just filled up at Shell with the tank very empty.

No comments: