Tuesday, 14 July 2009

iPhone Tethering

I'm heading off to CHCH in a few weeks and in the past I have taken my work's T-stick Telecom modem. However with my new 3Gb of data from Vodafone and the iPhone's ability to tether, I have been trying it out.

The instructions say to turn on the tethering function on the iPhone, plug in the USB cable between the iPhone and the computer, select the iPhone as the network device and away you go.

It didn't quite work like that. The device was not present at first. Then when it was it wasn't called iPhone.

However once I sorted that out, it worked sweet as. I might even try doing the connection between the laptop and the iPhone through Bluetooth but I thought that was too much to ask straight up.

Still... pretty smooth and works a treat.

1 comment:

Nigel Ramsay said...

I'd be interested to know the speed and latency differences between bluetooth and USB connections.