Tuesday, 7 July 2009

iPhone

Ok. It is about time I formally comment on my new iPhone.

I have now had an iPhone for about 6 weeks. My old phone died and I just couldn't bring myself to buy anything less.

So I sold my iPOD Touch, sold the insurance replacement phone and stumped up my $499 for the cheapest 8G iPhone 3G on the cheapest plan.

After 6 weeks I have one word to describe it... AWESOME!!!

What it can do is just brilliant. I have all my e-mail come to it. I can check 1-day instantly on it. I use it to watch huge numbers of sermons. The browser is great. My Exchange account and diary at work just connects. It is fantastic.

I have only a couple of issues.

1. The camera res is a bit low. This has been addressed with the 3GS
2. It can be a bit slow sometimes. Not really a problem but might be nice if it was quicker. Again, addressed by the 3GS.

That's it. It really is that good.

Because I have wifi wherever I tend to be I barely use the 3G Vodafone allowance. Think I used about 70Mb out of the 250Mb allowance per month.

So if you are thinking... don't. Just get one. They are soooooo much better than the Blackberry.

No comments: