Sunday, 24 December 2006

Day Two

Day two of being a father has improved but things are still in the custard.

Claire's blood pressure seems ok now. However there are a lot of struggles after the C section. She has now been moved into the Maternity Ward and has her own room... which is a real blessing. I won't detail the struggles. I can say we all have a lot to learn and C sections can have impacts that are not medical.

Katya has jaundice and is now suntaning (see pics and video). This has helped sort one issue which was to get her to settle. When she gets put in the incubator she just checks out and goes to sleep. If she wakes, you just rock the incubator at the same pace as her breathing and all is well.




In the process of today I wiped my first bottom, cleaned up my first kid power chuck and came the closest I ever have to losing my rag. Not bad for one day.

No comments: